What Do I Do With My Car After the Accident

Posted on February 12th, 2010 by Joe Weast
Lego Tow Truck

Lego Tow Truck built by Christopher Thomas on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/exalthim/

So you’ve had an accident. That stinks but here’s the next step…

If the car is not drivable have it towed to your preferred body shop. Many times you can contact your preferred body shop and they can help you arrange the towing with their preferred company. At Gary Rains Body Shop, we use A1 Towing more often than not. They can be reached at 513-563-0100. Probably a good number to have in your cell phone – do it now before you forget! – or at least in your glove box.

If the car is drivable, get it to a body shop as soon as reasonably possible. While insurance companies will come to your house or job site to inspect the car, if it’s at a body shop they can usually do a more thorough inspection. The shops will have jacks or lifts to get under the car if necessary and also they can remove the outer panels to inspect and document any hidden damage.

Keep in mind that if you’re not at fault you are entitled to a rental car while your car is being inspected and repaired. We assist  our customers with every aspect of their service, including helping arrange rental car while your own vehicle is out of commission.

Here’s to your safe, accident-free driving! … but if it happens, we’re here for you…